Follow the steps below to troubleshoot issues with your VOCSN touchscreen:
VOCSN includes a touchscreen lock feature. If locked, the touchscreen will be unresponsive until it is unlocked. To check if the touchscreen is locked:
- Look at the top of the screen in the status bar.
- The touchscreen icon looks like a hand touching a bullseye.
- If the icon has an orange “X” in it, the touchscreen is locked.
To unlock the touchscreen:
- Press and hold the touchscreen lock icon in your status bar for 3 seconds.
- A pop-up message will appear to confirm when the touchscreen is unlocked.
- You may now use the VOCSN touchscreen to access controls.
If the touchscreen is unlocked, but still not working, you may need to clean it:
- If you can, lock the touchscreen by pressing and holding the touchscreen lock icon for 3 seconds. This will prevent accidental screen touches during cleaning.
- Wipe the screen down with a damp cloth.
- Dry the screen completely.
- Unlock the screen again by pressing and holding the touchscreen lock icon for 3 seconds.
If the screen is unlocked, clean, and still unresponsive, you may need to restart VOCSN:
- If VOCSN is currently in use, provide the patient with alternative ventilation.
- Press and hold the power button for 10 seconds, or until VOCSN emits a steady alarm tone.
- Press the alarm silence button and VOCSN will shut itself down.
- Press the power button to power VOCSN back on.