During Ventilation therapy with very high leaks, you may get Patient Circuit Disconnect nuisance alarms. To reduce these alarms, you can lower the alarm sensitivity so that it’s appropriate for applications with larger leaks:
- Press the THERAPY tab.
- Touch the V icon for VENTILATION.
- Touch the desired ventilation preset.
- Press SETTINGS & ALARMS.
- Scroll down to PATIENT CIRCUIT DISCON under the ALARMS banner.
- Touch PATIENT CIRCUIT DISCON to highlight it.
- Press EDIT.
- Touch the LEAK icon (labeled 75-175 L/min) and select 75-175 for high leak applications.
NOTE: the PATIENT CIRCUIT DISCONNECT alarm must be ON for this feature to be displayed.