Battery Use, Internal Battery Low, and Internal Battery Critically Low Alarm Troubleshooting Follow
Battery Use activates whenever VOCSN switches from external power to battery power, or from any power source (including removable battery) to internal battery power.
Internal Battery Low activates when VOCSN internal battery charge status falls below 50%.
Internal Battery Critically Low activates when the internal battery is disconnected, faulty, or when the battery is critically low (charged to less than 33% its capacity). It cannot be silenced until VOCSN is plugged into external power.
Follow these steps to troubleshoot these alarms:
- When using battery power, understand that battery alarms are normal.
- Monitor battery charge status and connect an external source of power when available.
- Clear the Battery Use alarm (you will not receive another battery use alarm until both removable, rechargeable batteries are drained and VOCSN starts utilizing the internal battery):
- Press the alarm banner at the top of the screen.
- Press CLEAR LIST twice.
- When using AC power, check to ensure there’s a power connection symbol in the status bar. If the power symbol is present, VOCSN is powered.
- Clear the alarm by navigating to the Alarm Log and selecting “Clear List” twice.
- If there is no power connection symbol in the status bar:
- If the green light on the power adapter block is illuminated, check that all power adapter cabling is securely connected, and that the cable is securely connected to the power port in the back of VOCSN.
- If the green light on the power adapter block is off (not illuminated):
- Ensure power adapter is plugged into the wall outlet.
- Ensure the AC power cord is securely plugged into the power adapter block.
- Plug something else into the same wall outlet to ensure it is powered.
- If the problem persists, replace the AC power adapter.