High Breath Rate activates when the monitored breath rate is higher than the set High Breath Rate alarm limit.
Follow these steps to troubleshoot this alarm:
- Ensure the High Breath Rate alarm is set above the patient Breath Rate plus spontaneous rate.
- Check for patient secretions, and use Suction therapy to clear them if needed.
- Empty any excess condensation in the patient circuit.
- Check the VOCSN Leak monitor. If it is high, locate and resolve any unintentional leaks in the patient circuit (and around the patient interface).
- If VOCSN is auto-triggering, adjust the Flow Trigger setting if needed.