High Breath Rate Alarm Troubleshooting Follow
High Breath Rate activates when the monitored breath rate is higher than the set High Breath Rate alarm limit.
Follow these steps to troubleshoot this alarm:
- Ensure the High Breath Rate alarm is set above the patient Breath Rate plus spontaneous rate.
- Check for patient secretions, and use Suction therapy to clear them if needed.
- Empty any excess condensation in the patient circuit.
- Check the VOCSN Leak monitor. If it is high, locate and resolve any unintentional leaks in the patient circuit (and around the patient interface).
- If VOCSN is auto-triggering, adjust the Flow Trigger setting if needed.